Landscape handles relationships with millions of insurance customers and is used by 19 businesses including Markerstudy Group, Direct Line Group, The Ardonagh Group and KGM.
In developing Landscape, as with all our insurance solutions, we spoke to stakeholders to make sure they got what they wanted, and we spoke to users to make sure they got what they needed. The result is hard-working software – real business flexibility for policy admin, with its own comprehensive rating engine, no-nonsense claims management functionality and automated accounts.
We designed it with ultimate ease of use in mind. Cloud based and scalable for any size of insurance business, Landscape integrates seamlessly with aggregators and supports the rapid development of new websites.
Landscape supports all sales channels and, as it’s modular, it can be introduced component-by-component as well as all at once. It spans all areas of insurance including policy and claims, accounts, rating and channel management.
What it does
Landscape delivers key policy administration functionality including full policy history, support for all adjustment types (including the ability to roll adjustments back and forward while maintaining the integrity of the policy records), inbound and outbound bordereaux, document production, email integration, billing and workflow. The policy module is closely coupled to Landscape’s rating engine. Screen layout selection and all information, available from drop-down lists on the policy screens, are managed within the rating engine and are product- and scheme-dependent. The policy screens are designed so that key policy data remains visible at all times, and, if required, policy administration can be undertaken securely by staff, brokers or directly by the customer via the web.
Landscape can connect to Equator but it also has its own comprehensive rating engine. The rating engine enables insurers to build and launch new products, and modify existing products, very quickly. Key features:
- Common functionality across all lines of business, meaning that product components such as tables, rules and endorsements can be re-used across multiple schemes
- Ease of use – the rating engine is user friendly and does not require programming code in day-to-day use, putting the power of product development and management into the hands of the underwriters
- Product components can be versioned, meaning that elements of schemes can be amended without any disruption. For example a new version of a rating area table can be created and implemented with no need to amend any of the schemes that it’s assigned to
- Ability to define how premiums are split between all the parties involved
- Claims management
- Fast, efficient, end-to-end claims management.
- Fraud detection
- Payment management
- Document management
- Audit trail
- Automation rules (user-defined rules to automate the closure of a payment and
allocation of claims to handlers)
- Integration with third party systems AudaBridge and Verify
The claims module integrates seamlessly with the policy module – details submitted by a customer reporting a loss will automatically be checked against the policy when the claim is being validated. The integration with Landscape’s graphical workflow component enables insurers to control very precisely how, when and by whom a claim is handled.
Landscape’s powerful workflow tool allows for highly efficient process management. Tasks, events and escalation procedures can be generated from trigger points and assigned to users based on their roles and workloads.
- Generation of tasks or events from external systems or applications
- Re-allocation of tasks
- Context-sensitive task records – the user can access the relevant Landscape page, such as a policy record or claim, directly from the task record
- Automatic deletion of tasks when action is no longer required
- Summary view of tasks and history for management information (MI) purposes
Landscape integrates with sophisticated rules-based workflows and process automation.
Landscape’s accounting suite enables automated control of insurers’ finances. Accounting entries for any entity, such as a policy record, can be accessed instantly from any relevant area in Landscape.
- Double-entry accounting
- Claims payments and recoveries
- Cash receipting, splitting and allocation with full audit trail
- Automated online credit/debit card authorisation
- BACS payments and recoveries
- Web-based account reconciliation for brokers
- Bordereaux production
- Extensive reporting capabilities including generation of ad-hoc reports
Landscape’s channel module allows insurers to handle any type of distribution relationship. As Landscape’s key policy and claims business logic is exposed as web services, insurers can easily create websites to serve their customers or intermediaries or allow third parties to securely integrate with Landscape.
- Accounting support for brokers and intermediaries
- Documentation support including both paper and online statements
- Graphical analysis of channel performance
- Modification of key rating factors for the channel
- Support for three levels of partner – broker group, broker and sub-broker
- Management information
Landscape connects to RDT’s data warehouse solution Horizon, which provides all MI capabilities.
Our customers report significant efficiencies after adopting Landscape, including:
- A doubling of the number of policies handled per customer services advisor
- Faster handling times for quotes, policies and claims
- A 75 per cent reduction in the turnaround time for processing quotes for household insurance
Customers also report:
- A lowering of up to 25 per cent in policy administration headcount
- Operational savings of up to 20 per cent
- Lower development costs
- IT headcount reduced by 10 per cent
Landscape helps insurers identify fraudulent activity early on in the claims handling process via its comprehensive set of fraud rules, which automatically score all claims as they enter the system. Other anti-fraud capabilities include the rating engine analysis and data enrichment, and integrations with security solutions such as Synectics.
Better customer service
Landscape allows insurers to adopt a more client-centric view of their data. This speeds up and personalises customer service, and also helps staff to identify opportunities to cross-sell or upsell other products and services.
“Landscape is a powerful business enabler and has supported our business effortlessly… and continues to be a crucial part of our growth strategy. We are indebted to the team at RDT”– John Kennedy, Managing Director, KennCo
Get in touch
Submit your enquiry here.