Landscape handles relationships with millions of insurance customers and is used by 19 businesses, including some of the UK’s largest and most innovative MGAs. We are proud to count Markerstudy Group, Towergate Underwriting , Kitsune and KGM as MGA customers using Landscape at the core of their businesses.
In developing Landscape, as with all our solutions, we spoke to stakeholders to make sure they got what they wanted, and we spoke to users to make sure they got what they needed. The result is hard-working software – real business flexibility for policy admin, with its own comprehensive, flexible and highly sophisticated rating engine, straightforward claims management functionality and automated accounts.
We designed Landscape with ease of use in mind. Cloud based and scalable for any size of MGA, Landscape supports the rapid development of new websites and broader ecommerce connectivity.
Landscape supports all sales channels and, because it’s component-based, it can be introduced module-by-module as well as all at once. It covers all areas of insurance from policy and claims to accounts, rating and channel management.
What it does
Landscape provides every aspect of functionality required for policy administration, including full policy history, support for all adjustment types (including the ability to roll adjustments back and forward while maintaining the integrity of the policy records), inbound and outbound bordereaux, billing and workflow, email integration and document production. The policy component is coupled to Landscape’s rating engine. Screen layout selection and all information, available from drop-down lists on the policy screens, are managed within the rating engine and are product- and scheme-dependent. The policy screens are designed so that key policy data is always visible, and it’s possible for policy administration to be performed securely by staff, brokers or directly by the customer via the web.
Landscape can connect to Equator but it also has its own comprehensive rating engine. The rating engine enables MGAs to build and launch new products, and modify existing products very quickly, delivering a speed to market that’s unachievable by most businesses
- Ease of use – the rating engine is user friendly and does not require programming code in day-to-day use, putting the power of product development and management into the hands of the underwriters, ensuring the MGA can continue to differentiate its capabilities
- Common functionality across all lines of business, meaning that product components such as tables, rules and endorsements can be re-used
- Product components can be versioned, meaning that elements of schemes can be amended without any disruption. For example a new version of a rating area table can be created and implemented with no need to amend any of the schemes that it’s assigned to
- Great flexibility in the area of defining how premiums are split between all the parties involved to drive accounting, modelling and reporting functions
Claims management or Claims integration
Fast, efficient, end-to-end claims management.
- Fraud detection
- Payment management
- Document management
- Audit trail
- Automation rules (user-defined rules to automate the closure of a payment and allocation of claims to handlers)
- Integration with third party systems AudaBridge and Verify
The claims module integrates seamlessly with the policy module. Details of a loss submitted by a customer will automatically be checked against the policy during the validation process. The integration with Landscape’s graphical workflow component enables the business to control very precisely how, when and by whom a claim is handled.
MGAs differ widely and RDT recognises that some might want to use a third party claims management company for all or part of its operations, especially early in its life. With this in mind, Landscape can be securely accessed by third party staff, and has a full suite of claims APIs that allow for third party claims systems to be integrated efficiently and quickly.
Landscape’s powerful workflow tool enables extremely efficient process management. Tasks, events and escalation procedures can be generated from trigger points and assigned to individuals based on their roles and workloads.
- Generation of tasks or events from external systems or applications
- Re-allocation of tasks
- Context-sensitive task records – the user can access the relevant Landscape page, such as a policy record or claim, directly from the task record
- Automatic deletion of tasks when action is no longer required
- Summary view of tasks and history for management information (MI) purposes
Landscape integrates with sophisticated rules-based workflows and process automation.
Landscape’s accounting suite provides automated control of your business’s finances. Entries for any entity can instantly be accessed from any relevant area of Landscape.
- Double-entry accounting
- Claims payments and recoveries
- Cash receipting, splitting and allocation with full audit trail
- Automated online credit/debit card authorisation
- BACS payments and recoveries
- Web-based account reconciliation for brokers
- Bordereaux production
- Extensive reporting capabilities including generation of ad-hoc reports
Landscape’s channel module allows MGAs to handle any type of distribution relationship. Landscape’s key policy and claims business logic is exposed as web services, enabling MGAs to easily create websites to serve their customers or intermediaries, or to allow third parties to integrate securely with Landscape.
- Accounting support for brokers and intermediaries
- Documentation support including both paper and online statements
- Graphical analysis of channel performance
- Modification of key rating factors for the channel
- Support for three levels of partner – broker group, broker and sub-broker
Landscape connects to Horizon, RDT’s data warehouse solution, which provides all MI capabilities.
Our customers report significant improvements after implementing Landscape, including
- Customer services advisors double the number of policies they handle
- Faster handling times for quotes, policies and claims
- A 75 per cent cut in the turnaround time for processing quotes for household insurance
Customers also report:
- A reduction of as much as 25 per cent in policy administration headcount
- Operational savings of up to 20 per cent
- Reduced development costs
- IT headcount cut by 10 per cent
Landscape’s comprehensive set of fraud rules enable MGAs to identify fraudulent activity early on in the claims handling process. The rules are used automatically to score all claims as they enter the system. Other anti-fraud features include the rating engine analysis and data enrichment, and integrations with security solutions such as Synectics.
Better customer service
Landscape speeds up and personalises customer service by allowing MGAs to adopt a more client-centric view of their data. This also helps staff to identify opportunities to cross-sell or upsell other products and services.
“The ability to buy Landscape as a package and adapt it has allowed Direct Line to enter a market it would otherwise have found cost prohibitive... Landscape’s flexibility enables us to provide a proactive, market leading customer experience”– Direct Line Group